Friday, July 27, 2012

Newspaper reader wants to injure cyclists with coins

Here is the letter to the editor of the Californian promoting injuring or even killing cyclists by throwing rolls of quarters -- rather than loose coins.

July 26, 2012 12:00 am  • 
Coins for cyclists
I read your informative article about motorists throwing coins at bicyclists the other day. I then went on to drive along Jefferson on my way to Murrieta.
As I left Old Town, a solo cyclist attired in stereotypical Spandex rode in the space designated for a vehicle. He then blew the four-way stop and proceeded to block my way again, so I sounded my horn. I managed to pass him, but he pedaled hard like the Energizer Bunny, weaving erratically around traffic to make it to my window as I waited at a stoplight to angrily yell "calm down."
I would suggest throwing rolls of quarters.
Steven Stone
Temecula

No comments:

Post a Comment